February 21 2021
Consumed for centuries in the Asian countries mainly Japan, Korea and China, it is also termed as the “king of all herbs”. Mainly found in the valleys and the mountains, its other name is Renxian or guigai. Growing up to a height of almost 2 feet or taller, it has dark green leaves and red berry clusters. The outer appearance of the root is wrinkled and creased with a moderately sweet and bitter taste.
Its medicinal and therapeutic uses have been implemented and used as a traditional herbal health supplement for years and its outstanding properties have been mentioned in the early Chinese literatures dated 100 B.C and 100 A.D. The natural properties of ginseng have calming and cooling attributes, most of the active components of which are mainly found in the roots of this plant. According to modern clinical trials and researches it is used to fight diabetes, heart-attack, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, digestive problems, kidney problems, weight gain, promote sexual wellness, boosting immunity, calming the nervous system, curing pregnancy disorders, postpartum bleeding and so on. The Chinese literature which were traced up to 2000 years back have mentioned that Ginseng has properties that acts as a potential supplement for the five viscera and also, was considered as an important herb. When taken in proper doses,
Ginseng is considered as one of the leading dietary supplements which possess the potential for immunity modulation with ginsenosides and polysaccharides being the primordial constituents behind its immunity boosting properties.
Besides countering viral infections, it also provides immunity against cancer and autoimmune diseases. Researches done on two clinically healthy volunteers have proven that the one taking ginseng is said to have highly effective multiple health benefits however, its overdosage can also cause many problems in the human health starting to show more active immune cells than the one taking a placebo. It also enhances immune cells in the bronchi of people suffering from insomnia to headaches, nausea, excessive vomiting, urinal bleeding etc and sometimes death. Thus, its misdiagnosis is said to be highly fatal acute bronchitis and prevents flu and fights against respiratory viruses and pneumonia.
Korean Ginseng or red Ginseng can be consumed raw or the roots can be steamed lightly however it is not found abundantly in many countries. So, to add to your diet easily, by taking it in the form of tablets/ capsules etc. which is easily found online.
Other common benefits of Korean Ginseng besides providing immunity against diseases are given below:
- It is a brilliant complexion enhancer. The roots and leaves have abundant vitamins, antioxidants and collagen boosting properties which help in improving the skin texture, reducing wrinkles and premature ageing. The natural phytonutrients help in firming and toning of the skin, maintaining the skin’s natural elasticity making your skin look more radiant and youthful. It also inhibits melanin formation and reverses the damage caused from the sun’s harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. Moreover, it also helps in minimising dark circles, curing acne caused from hormonal imbalance or oily skin and hyperpigmentation which is surely a growing problem in women. No wonder why the Koreans love Ginseng so much!
- It helps in fighting acute hair fall, promotes the growth of new hair follicles by promoting blood flow through the scalp and hair root cells.
- Enhances functions of the spleen by improving its nutrition uptakes, also aids in improving digestive functions.
- If taken in the proper dosage, it is also beneficial to the other parts of the body namely the liver, kidneys, lung and heart.
- It helps in scaling down irregular heartbeats due to anxiety or panic attacks. It is also clinically proven that Ginseng has “anti-stress” properties which helps in calming the mind, decreasing nervous agitations and prevents fatigue. It helps in maintaining normal blood sugar levels and increases insulin sensitivity. It has antioxidant properties and reduces the free radicals of patients having diabetes or high blood sugar. Some studies showed that Korean ginseng can also help to enhance brain functions thus improving memory and mental performances.
- It stimulates more efficient physical and mental activity, improving cognitive functions. It has also proven to show positive results in cancer patients suffering with fatigue.
- According to researches done in countries of Korea, Japan and China, it has high capabilities in lowering blood cholesterol, lipid and sugar levels, thus reducing the chances of a potential cardiovascular attack which is the primary cause of death throughout the developing nations.
- Pharmacological experiments conducted on animals proved that ginseng when administered in animals, were said to improve immunity, promoted ulceration which was produced under stress, had antioxidant properties, decreased the tumour occurrence and increased the oxygen uptake thus showing potential anti-cancer properties; some of the benefits were said to be highly similar as of vitamin E. It has also been said that, people who consume ginseng have 16% decreased chances of developing cancer.
- Additionally, it has proven to be helpful in the treatment of erectile dysfunctions and improving the sperm quality. by increasing nitric oxide levels. Ginseng is also said to be the only plant that produces testosterone naturally or is an active source of phyto-testosterone. Its actions are similar to that of Viagra which too works by relaxing muscles and improving the flow of blood in the genital regions and increases dopamine levels in both men and women.
- Ginseng herbal tea and wine, which is obtained from its roots is immensely famous in Korea as it is said to promote weight loss, increase energy levels, and bring about overall hormonal balance in women thus preventing the diseases caused from it.
- Its anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties are beneficial in preventing many skin problems.
When taken in proper doses, ginseng is said to have highly effective multiple health benefits however, its overdosage can also cause many problems in the human health starting from insomnia to headaches, nausea, convulsions and seizures, dizziness, excessive vomiting, urinal bleeding etc and sometimes death. Thus, its misdiagnosis is said to be highly fatal.
So, the question is should you consume it?
Modern researches have proved that Ginseng capsules are equally beneficial. Triple Ginseng is a combination of three types of Ginseng that is commercially available, i.e Korean, Siberian and Western. Alvizia’s Triple Ginseng is totally safe and the results have proven to be extremely promising.