January 28 2021
This article is gonna be all about the health benefits of green tea.
So get ready to learn all the tips on how to make the healthiest cup of tea possible.
- The most important thing that makes green tea so good for you is that it's loaded with healthy nutrients. All of these bioactive Polyphenols that are awesome for your health. You may have heard of some of them known as Flavonoids, or Catechins. And what those are, are antioxidant.What antioxidants do is preventing free radical damage to your body. And free radical cause damage to your body over time and causes cancer, but let me break that down a bit. I know all of you have faucets at home, whether it's in your bathroom or in your kitchen. Some of those faucets have rust on them. The rust is a direct result of that free radical damage we always talk about. Now, antioxidants prevent that rust from forming so think of antioxidants as the rust prevention within our own bodies. Now, yes, that's awesome. It's always been mentioned before that those who drink green tea have lower rates of cancer. And it's been theorized that it has something to do with the great amount of antioxidants found within green tea. We have to not get too excited by this fact because this is only a correlation and not a causation. Yes, it's good to drink green tea, but no it's not gonna cure and prevent all types of cancer.
- Second essential point about green tea. You got stinky breath? Maybe you should try some green tea, but it's none of my business. The nutrients present within green tea that were just mentioned on the last point known as Catechins, do a fine job of inhibiting and killing certain types of bacteria. In fact, studies were done and proved that bacteria known to cause bad breath within your mouth was killed by drinking green tea. Also when you have less of that specific bacteria you have less plaque. So green tea also decreases the risk of developing a cavity.
- It does a good job of providing you stable energy without all the jitters. It has about 30-50 milligrams of caffeine. Which is roughly half a cup of coffee. You're still focused, you're still stimulated, but you don't have that jittery feeling that you get with a big cup of coffee.
- Another nutrient within green tea that works together with caffeine to boost your brain function is called L-Theanine. It's benefit is that it gives your brain the relaxation without the added sedation or drowsiness that come along with other relaxing agents. While we've seen in animal and lab models that it increases your good cholesterol and lowers your bad cholesterol. What we've found in animal, lab and human trials is that green tea lowers your blood pressure. And you may already know how important it is to keep your blood pressure under control.
- Point number five. Green tea can help you burn fat. Well, maybe. This is more of an individual case by case basis thing, because not all studies agree on this. But there is a promise of increased metabolism, and fat oxidation, essentially fat burning. Some of the lab models have shown a decrease in new blood vessel formation within your fat storage. This means that it literally takes away the vital nutrition for your fat, and makes it die. Kicking that fats butt.
- Animal and lab models both show that Catechins, the nutrient we keep mentioning over and over again, decreased the risk of you developing Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. Science isn't clear on why this occurs but it's theorized that it has something to do with the decrease in the development of plaque within the brain. So, if that doesn't encourage you to take a sip I don't know what will.
- Now this is the game changer, this is the one that everyone gets excited about. Green tea may increase your lifespan. There's been a ton of research done on this. Some studies even have 40,000 participants that show those who drink about 3 to 5 cups of tea a day have an increased life span, have a decreased all cause mortality, that means dying from anything. Have decreases in heart disease, decreases in strokes, but, before we get too excited we need to remember correlation verses causation. Now, just because the ones who drink green tea live longer, it doesn't indicate that green tea is the sole reason that's responsible for that effect. So yes, enjoy your green tea, but don't think your gonna live forever.
Now moving on to the next part of the article. Here's how you create the healthiest cup of tea possible.
- Don't add green tea directly to boiling water as it destroys those healthy Catechins we've been talking about
- Don't go decaf, because the decaffeination process affects more of the nutrients found within green tea
- Add lemon into your tea as it supports in the absorption of some of these nutrients
- Finally, don't cheap out. Go for the good premium stuff, as it contains more of the healthy nutrients
We've been talking about all along. Moreover, you can also check out Green tea extract supplements that support healthy weight.