March 16 2021
Vitamin C is an essential guide vitamin for the overall health of the body. Higher blood levels of Vitamin C in the body may be the ideal nutrition marker for overall health.
Vitamin is a water-soluble substance and is found in many fruits and vegetables that include oranges, strawberries, kiwi, fruits, bell peppers, broccoli, kale, and spinach.
The body needs vitamin C for performing various functions some of them are:
It helps the body in producing collagen L-carnitine and some neurotransmitters.
- It acts as an antioxidant
- It helps the body in absorbing iron
- It helps in boosting the immune system
- It helps in healing wound healing
Alvizia's Fish Oil contains the omega-3 fatty acids i.e., eicosapentaenoic acid known as EPA and docosahexaenoic acid known as DHA while the omega-3 in plant sources is mainly alpha-linolenic acid(ALA). It is rich in Vitamin C and is necessary for the overall health of the body.
The recommended daily intake of Vitamin C is found to be 75 mg for women and mg for men.
Numerous benefits of Vitamin C are needed for the overall health of the body.
Benefits of Vitamin C are
Helps in reducing the risk of chronic disease
- Vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that helps in strengthening the body's natural defenses. Antioxidants are molecules that help in boosting the immune system. They boost the immune system by protecting cells from harmful molecules that are called free radicals.
- When this free dedicates accumulate, they help in promoting a state known as oxidative stress which is linked to many chronic diseases.
- Few pieces of studies have shown that more consumption of vitamin C can help in increasing the blood oxygen levels by up to 30%. Therefore, it helps the body's natural defenses fight information.
Helps in managing high blood pressure
- Approximately one-third of American adults are found to have high blood pressure. High blood pressure is the reason that causes heart diseases and this eventually leads to death globally.
- Studies have shown that Vitamin C helps in lowering blood pressure in people both those with and without high blood pressure.
- An animal study has found that the consumption of Vitamin C supplements helps in relaxing the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart which helps to reduce blood pressure levels.
- In adults with high blood pressure, supplements of vitamin C are useful in reducing systolic blood pressure by 4.9 millimeters Ji and diastolic blood pressure by 1.7 mm Hg on average.
Helps in lowering the risk of heart disease
- Many factors are responsible for increasing the risk of heart disease that includes high blood pressure, high triglycerides or bad cholesterol levels, and low levels of HDL or good cholesterol. Vitamin C supplement helps in reducing these factors that may reduce heart disease risk.
- An analysis of 15 studies has found that the consumption of Vitamin C from foods not supplements was linked to a lower risk of heart disease.
- Another analysis of 13 studies has found out that consumption of Vitamin C supplements has significantly reduced LDL cholesterol by approximately 7.9 mg per DL and blood triglycerides when it is taken for at least 500 mg daily on risk factors for heart disease such as blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Helps in reducing blood uric acid levels and prevent gout attacks
- Gout is a type of arthritis that affects approximately 4% of American adults. It involves inflammation of the joints and is found to be very painful especially those of the big toes.
- The symptoms of gout appear when there is too much uric acid in the blood. Uric acid is a waste product that is produced by the body. At high levels, it may deposit in the joints. Several kinds of research have shown that the consumption of Vitamin C supplement helps in reducing uric acid in the blood and does it helps in protecting against gout attacks.
- One study of 1,387 men has shown that the men who consumed the most Vitamin C supplement had lower blood levels of uric acid than those who consume the least.
- An analysis of 13 studies has found that the intake of Vitamin C supplement over 30 days had significantly reduced uric acid as compared with a placebo.
Helps in preventing iron deficiency
- Vitamin C supplements help in improving the production of iron from the diet. iron is an important nutrient that performs a variety of functions in the body and is essential for making blood cells and transporting oxygen throughout the body.
- Vitamin C supplement helps in reducing the risk of anemia among people that are prone to iron deficiency.
- People with low levels of iron can consume more vitamin C rich foods for taking a vitamin supplement may help in improving your blood iron levels.
Helps in boosting immunity
- Supplement of Vitamin C helps in the production of white blood cells that help in protecting the body against infection. Vitamin C helps these white blood cells function more effectively by protecting them from damage by potentially harmful molecules such as free radicals.
- As it is actively transported to the skin where it acts as an antioxidant., Vitamin C is an essential part of the skin defense system. It helps in strengthening the skin as well.
- Few pieces of studies have also shown that the consumption of Vitamin C is the main shot in wound healing time.
Helps in protecting the memory and thinking as you age
- Low levels of Vitamin C are linked to the impaired ability to think and remember. Vitamin A is a strong antioxidant that is effective for people who suffer from dementia. Demand is the term that is used to describe the symptoms of poor thinking and memory.
- Several studies have shown that people suffering from Demonte have low levels of Vitamin C.
- High intake of vitamin C and some TV food or supplements have shown a protective effect on thinking and memory as you age.
Sources of Vitamin C
- Fresh fruits and vegetables are the best foods for VitaminC.
- Some good sources of Vitamin C include:
- Red and green peppers
- Oranges and orange juice
- Spinach and other green leafy vegetables
- Green peas