March 16 2021
Sleep is necessary for a person's health and well-being. There are millions of people who do get enough sleep and many suffer from lack of sleep. A night of good sleep is a vital component of every person's overall health and mental health well being.
Good adequate rest helps in preventing excess weight gain, heart disease, depression, and increased illness duration. good sleep is more necessary for your health and following a strict diet or daily exercise routine. Quality sleep is the foundation for the good health of an individual.
Melatonin supplement is useful for people with insomnia or those who want deep sleeping. Alvizia's melatonin supplements are sleeping pills in soft gel forms, which promote relaxation and sleep. Softgels are easy to swallow compared to tablets or capsules. Alvizia's melatonin soft gel capsules help in relaxing the mind and body preparing it for deep REM sleep.
How much sleep do we need?
The average adult needs between 7 to 9 hours of sleep to let the brain and body repair and restore overnight.
There are numerous reasons why good sleep is important. Some of them are mentioned below.
Good sleepers tend to eat fewer calories
- A few pieces of studies have shown that individuals who are sleep deprived have a bigger appetite and tend to eat more calories.
- deprivation of sleep results in the disruption of the daily fluctuations in appetite hormones and is believed to cause poor appetite regulation in individuals.
- higher levels of ghrelin are the hormone that stimulates appetite and reduced levels of leptin this is the hormone that suppresses appetite is very effective.
Helps in improving concentration and productivity
- Sleep is very necessary for various aspects of brain function. These various aspects include cognition, concentration, productivity, and performance. All of these aspects are negatively affected by sleep deprivation.
- It has been found that interns on a traditional schedule with extended work hours of more than 24 hours had made it around 36% more serious medical errors than in terms of a schedule that allowed more sleep.
- Another study has shown that short sleep is known or negatively impact some aspects of brain function to a similar degree as alcohol intoxication.
- On the other hand, it has been found that good sleep helps in improving problem-solving skills and this eventually helps in enhancing the memory performance of both children and adults.
Helps in maximizing athletic performance
- Good sleep has been shown to enhance athletic performance.
- In our study on basketball players, it has been found that the longest sleep has significantly improved the speed, accuracy, reaction times, and mental wellbeing of the players.
- Less duration of sleep is associated with poor exercise performance and functional limitation in older women.
Minimizes the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Sleep quality and duration of sleep is believed to drive chronic diseases that include heart disease.
- Arabia 15 studies have shown that the people who don't get enough sleep are at a greater risk of heart disease or stroke than those people who sleep around 7 to 8 hours per night.
Effects on glucose metabolism and type 2 diabetes risk
- A study of healthy young men who restricted sleep 2-4 Aas per night for 6 nights in a row caused symptoms of prediabetes and these symptoms get resolved after 1 week of increased sleep duration.
- Experimental sleep restriction can affect blood sugar and helps in reducing insulin sensitivity.
- Poor sleep habits are strongly linked to the adverse effects on blood sugar levels in the general population.
- It has been found that people who sleep less than 6 hours per night have repeatedly gone through the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Poor sleep may cause depression
- Poor sleep quality and sleeping disorders may lead to mental health issues such as depression. it has been found that 90% of people suffering from depression complain about sleep quality.
- Poor sleep is also linked with the increased risk of death by suicide. High rates of depression have been reported significantly by the people who suffer from sleeping disorders like insomnia or obstructive sleep apnea.
Good sleep helps in improving immune function
- It has been found that loss of sleep impairs immune function.
- A study of two weeks had found that the people who sleep less than 7 hours are almost three times more likely to develop a common cold and those people who slept 8 hours or more.
- If you often suffer from holds it is better to get at least 8 hours of sleep.
Poor sleep is associated with increased inflammation
- Loss of sleep is known for activating undesirable markers of inflammation and cell damage. Thus, sleep has a major effect on inflammation in our body.
- Poor sleep is highly linked to long-term inflammation of the digestive tract in disorders known as inflammatory bowel disease.
- A study has shown that sleep-deprived people with Crohn's disease were twice as likely to relapse as patients who slept well.
Affects emotions and social interactions
- Loss of sleep is a factor reducing your ability to interact socially.
- Several studies have confirmed it using emotional facial recognition tests.
- A study has found and the people who had and slept had a reduced ability to recognize expressions of anger and happiness.
- Few pieces of research have also shown that poor sleep affects the body's ability to recognize important social cues and process emotional information.
Poor sleep may lead to higher body weight
- People with short sleep naps tend to gain weight more significantly than those people who get enough sleep.
- Short sleep duration is one of the major risk factors for obesity. A study has shown that children and adults with short sleep duration are 89% and 55% more likely to develop obesity respectively.
- The effect of sleep on weight gain is believed to be medicated by various factors that include hormones and motivation too. exercise. For losing weight it is very essential to get a good quality of sleep.
Good sleep heightens productivity
- According to the National Sleep Foundation, it is very necessary to get enough sleep every night because it can have a remarkably positive effect on our work productivity.
- Good sleep can allow you to reap the following benefits such as improved concentration, increased ability to refocus, lowered feelings of burnout, improved decision making, and decreased error making also.
Thus it is very necessary to get good enough sleep for the overall health of the body.